Wednesday 30 May 2012

A Word On Twitter

Okay, since Twitter is probably the reason I'm here, I think it's fitting that Twitter be the topic of my first (real) post. So anyone who follows me on Twitter probably knows that I've become involved in a certain evil cult-site (this is just a theory I have, I guess we'll find out if some hooded figures bring us glasses of punch someday,) Favstar. "What's Favstar?" you may ask. Well, I'm not here to explain that stuff to you. Google it, but don't get hooked. Honestly, Favstar is the best/worst thing ever. Yeah, it gets your stuff out there, and it gives you way more stars and retweets than you probably deserve. What do I mean? I mean everyone involved with Favstar is completely addicted to starring and RTing, so really, a star doesn't mean very much anymore. But wait, stars are what you base your life on now. If your tweet doesn't get stars after four minutes, you're already in your back yard digging a hole that you can go rot in for the rest of your life because obviously you're worthless. Okay, once you pull yourself together, then you start starring like mad, partially because you like a lot of the people you follow, and they're pretty funny. But let's not kid ourselves, you're actually just trying to get attention and hopefully they'll star you back. So now you're totally obsessed and you have no friends anymore and in some cases (specifically in my case, because I use my real name on Twitter) your remaining friends basically think you're a crazy loser now (or something, I don't really care.) Besides the terrible addictive aspect of Twitter and her evil cousin Favstar, tweeting is actually one of my favourite things (If you think that's lame, it's because it sort of is, in a way.) There is no other way that I could possibly communicate with so many cool people all over the world (whether or not everything they say on Twitter is true, which it probably isn't.) So, that's why I'm always on Twitter, Mom. Oh, and I kinda feel like I'm famous (just kidding.) (Not kidding.)




So, what am I actually saying here? Follow me. Did you expect anything else?

No comments:

Post a Comment