Thursday 8 November 2012

Paranoid: Things I'm Constantly Worried Will Kill Me The Final Part

I know I said the last one was the last one but let's face it, I find new things to be scared of every day. So, similarly to the Final Destination films which have fuelled so many of my irrational fears, Paranoid is back, even after I promised it was finished.

16. Shaving. Yep, I'm just gonna run this sharp tool over major arteries and stuff while in the slippery shower. That's not dangerous at all. Oh, and let me add some shaving cream because THAT's not going to make it any more slippy in here.

17. Living BELOW someone else. I already talked about living upstairs and the possibility of falling through the floor to my death, and for the most part that has been my main concern. But it dawned on me that if I can fall through the floor, so can the person above me. And so I stare at my ceiling at night, just waiting for the day that the dude upstairs decides to jump on his bed and rip on his air guitar while jamming to his sick tunes and SMASH! I'm squished.

18. The microwave. I don't fully trust anything that can cook food so quickly. And I can't fully trust myself to not put something stupid in there. Either it's going to explode or it's going to catch fire and burn the house to the ground, I know it.

19. Manholes. Um, no, I will not walk over that door in the ground. I don't know if it's sturdy. And I also don't know whether or not a murderer is going to pop out of it after I go by.

20. Walking in the woods and falling into a covered hole filled with sharpened sticks. Hey, it happens in movies all the time. And we all know how serial killers like to imitate things that happen on TV. And it's not like I take tons of nature walks, but this could happen in any old field or back yard.


Have you read the others? No!? Check them out here.

3 comments:

  1. Final Destination was made me so paranoid! I absolutely refuse, at all costs, to ride behind logging trucks now

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't walk over manholes or any type of potentially unstable thing in the ground. I suppose that's the same reason that walking across a suspension bridge makes me apprehensive and those rope bridges with wooden slats for me to step on? Not freaking happening.

    For the person above you thing, I don't know why but I'm always most worried about that happening in the bathroom,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose it would be extra awkward if people have to dig you out of the rubble while you're naked because you were in the shower when you got squished.

      Thanks for reading!!

      Delete