Friday 21 September 2012

Dumb Band Names

Some bands have killer names. Some bands maybe should have thought twice:


Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. This is stupid. We get it, you flipped through the dictionary and randomly chose these words. (Or did you? I'm a little skeptical and feel as if there could have been some cheating going on. A "red jumpsuit apparatus" sounds like it could be an actual thing.) Seriously though, people can't even spell apparatus.

Panic! at the Disco. Thank you for adding unnecessary punctuation to a world that can't handle the punctuation it already has.

Foo Fighters. Regardless of what the meaning of "foo fighter" is (Google it) the word itself sounds ridiculous, and so I deem this band name dumb.

Hot Chelle Rae. That doesn't even flow, dudes. And when I first saw it I really, seriously thought that this had to be a girl singing.

Cobra Starship. Two things that really don't seem to go together. There's a lot of imagery here. I'm seeing snake aliens. And now your band name has interested me more than your music does.

Fountains of Wayne. Who is Wayne? Why is he in fountains? What are you guys talking about? On that note, where did you guys go? Nevermind, that's for another post.

311. What? Should I say "three hundred and eleven" or "three eleven" or "three one one?" I don't want to have to read instructions on how to say a band's name.

twenty | one | pilots. In the words of Liz Lemon, "Nope, hipster nonsense. I'm out."

Hoobastank. What's that even mean? I don't even want to know. I feel like it might be something dirty.

Limp Bizkit. Let's look beyond the Urban Dictionary definition of "limp bizkit" (DON'T type "Limp Bizkit" into Urban Dictionary. DON'T type "Limp Bizkit" into Urban Dictionary. DON'T type "Limp Bizkit" into Urban Dictionary.) I don't even have to explain why this is a stupid name. Changing a couple letters to make a lame word like "biscuit" in an attempt to look cool (the coolness level is still questionable) does not mean your band name will be awesome, clearly.

Billy Talent. Old people think this is one dude. But it's not one dude. It's terribly misleading, and so, dumb.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, I love this list! My personal favorite/most hated is Hot Chelle Rae - you're right, even if we like pointless name it just doesn't flow off the tongue.

    Btw Hoobastank always made sense to me - it a healing item/medipack in the Star Wars universe (although... DONT look it up on urbandictionary...).

    -TheQw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoobastank is from Star Wars?! Now I feel silly. Haha.

      I find it's best to never look up anything in Urban Dictionary. I didn't know people could get so vulgar. It's scary.

      I'm glad you liked it. :)

      Delete