Monday 15 October 2012

"I'm Done"

I am so done with people saying, "I'm done." You're done what? You're done your task? You're done the race? You're done like dinner? Oh, you mean you're like done with the human race or something?
Okay, that's reasonable. I guess you're just going to pack your suitcase and move to Mars, then, right? Or maybe just spontaneously combust on the spot?

It just frustrates me that this is a thing. And it's funny because usually the point when someone says, "I'm done" is like about half way through the argument or issue. They've just run out of things to say. Nothing is resolved. There's still that awkward, heavy conflict floating around above everyone's heads.
In fact, I feel like "I'm done" is just a continuation of the issue itself. You're trying to get the last word, you're stabbing the (person, issue, insert noun here) with a stick like, "Oh, I'm getting the last word. What are you going to say next? I'm done. There's nothing you can say after that. I win. Nana nana booboo." And it makes you seem like a (pardon my language) complete and total dick.

And what about online? Oh boy. Put up your hand if you've ever seen the "I'm done" status or tweet. Okay, how many of you put up your hands? This is the internet, you dummies, I can't see you.
So, I'm going to assume that a lot of you put those hands in the air. I do believe I've touched on this stuff in a previous post (The Boring Facebook Status Guide) because it's just that annoying. As much as I want to give absolutely no cares about your "I'm done" status, my natural curiosity gets the best of me, and I start speculating and checking your post to see if someone just gave in and straight up asked you.

And really, you sound like a dramatic l4 year old girl when you post a status like that. Possibly you are a dramatic 14 year old girl, and I can forgive you if that's the case. But there's a point where the vague, tortured teenager posts need to stop.
I'm not trying to be a Facebook Nazi, although it kind of seems like I have a heck of a lot of Facebook rules. I'm just trying to... Oh goodness, I'm a Facebook Nazi...

Anyways, my point here is that "I'm done" is kind of immature and dramatic. If you're actually "done" then that's the end. There's nothing left after that. When the pasta is done there's no more need to cook it. When the movie is done you roll up your leftover popcorn and go home. And that's all there is to it.

Done.


No comments:

Post a Comment